who are we?

our history

James Wallace Rose (Jim) worked in his mothers bakery, but, following a falling out in 1940 decided to go it alone. He setup shop at the top of Ecclesall Road and soon built a reputation for producing high quality products. 

To keep up with demand, Jim expanded the business and opened shops at Millhouses and Crosspool. 

Jims’ son, Christopher, joined the business in 1964. Christopher studied at Blackpool Bakery College and the prestigious Richemont Bakery School in Lucere, Switzerland. 

Following Jims’ retirement Christopher took over the running of the business and expanded the product range to include continental breads and patisserie. 

By the late 1990s the old premises at Ecclesall Road were starting to restrict the business growth. Christopher took the decision to move to a new, purpose built unit at Atlas. The bakery and head office moved there in 1998, with the shop remaining open at the site on Ecclesall Road. The new premises at Atlas also had a shop to service the local workforce.

Christopher has stepped back from the business in recent years and is now retired. Seuranie, his daughter, and her husband Mark now run the business.